View Single Post
Old
01-17-2011, 01:01 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Not seeing how that's possible, given that trying add Richards next summer likely involves a Drury buyout.
Yeah cap would be an issue. Unless Sather pulls out the Jedi Mind tricks!

Here's a good question though. Lets say the Rangers win the Richards sweepstakes next season. Richards is your new top line center.

There is now a battle for 2nd line center. That battle is between Anisimov and Stepan right? Both players have had some chemistry with Dubinsky. So here the million dollar question. If Richards happens, does that make one of these two expendable assets that could be used for a bigtime return? And I don't mean a Anisimov for Iginla trade. I mean, maybe for a bonafide Dman, capable of handling PP duties? And I am not looking to move either of these two, just thinking out loud here on the options if...IF BR comes to Broadway.

Also, what would then become of Brian Boyle? I guess maybe playing the right side could be an option if Anisimov or Stepan dropped in the depth charts. I think Boyle on the wing is a better optuon than Stepan or Anisimov on the wing. I am not opposed to that move, but it's tough to even question breaking up that 3rd line. They offer consistency, and they seem to be getting better and better.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote