Old
01-17-2011, 01:06 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Sorry but I can't say I totally agree on this one. The kid looked good, not great, the last few years in the AHL. He missed more than 50 games the last three years coming off a final WHL season in which he did not quite progress as far as hoped.

At 23, this year represented a fork in the road for him. He was either going to take it up a notch or he was going to be on the brink of becoming a depth player. I think he deserves all the credit in the world for his success this season. But it was far from a given. And it is better than where how he was playing.
I agree with Edge here. Sauer looked serviceable in the AHL, but nothing like how he's looked in the NHL. I somehow wonder if he was beginning to doubt himself and just let himself level off somehow in the minors, because he looks much more invigorated and emotional in the NHL right now compared to last year.

He's looked just great out there on the ice. More reliable than I ever remember him being. Again, I think he looked good in the AHL but nothing outright amazing.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote