View Single Post
Old
01-17-2011, 12:21 PM
haveandare

vCash: 500
As much as I'm a fan of Torts I can't help but wonder what he and the rest of the coaches are doing with Gaborik. Show him his game - show him where he is being passive and should be active. Tell him that if he won't go out there and play an aggressive offensive game other people will take his minutes and do it themselves. It seems impossible that they wouldn't be doing this already but it seems equally impossible that they're taking pains to show him and he's just not following their direction.

The whole thing is a mess at this point. I don't want to hear anymore talk from him. Show me that you care. We all know that its hard to score and a hot goalie is sometimes unbeatable but TRY. He's had games where he looked good and was all over the ice. He knows what he has to do - everybody knows what he has to do. As much as Crosby makes me want to puke when things go bad for him he dedicates himself to working on his weakness. You see video of him late at practice working on deflections and the next day he gets 2 goals that way. If you want to be one of the best you have to work harder than everyone else. It doesn't look to me like Gaborik is doing that right now. Work on the shot more. Work on the skating more. Go the extra mile - at least then you can say you're giving it all you've got. I'd be a lot more willing to wait for him to break out if it looked like he was trying harder than ever.\

By the way, I'm frustrated with the guy, but all of this trade him talk is absolutely ridiculous. He deserves better than that from all fans of the franchise.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 01-17-2011 at 01:53 PM.
haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote