View Single Post
Old
01-17-2011, 01:15 PM
mnhowitzer

vCash: 500
It was a great weekend at the Ralph. Friday night was as intense college hockey gets. You could feel it in the air from the time you walked in the building. Only live games I've been at with that type of feeling were the NCAA at the X and some Final 5 games. I didn't have any issues before, during or after the games anywhere in town. A little bit of chirping here and there but I didn't see anything over the line by either side. There is NO better atmosphere than the Ralph when the Gophers are in town. The last 10 minutes before the puck drops, the video montages, songs, etc...the crowd is really into it. I didn't feel it as much Saturday for some reason but Friday you could cut the intensity in the air with a knife.

I personally consider it a good weekend for the Gophers. Not only did they walk out of there with two points, they stuck up for themselves and showed a little fire. Saturday was pretty blah, but the Sioux were just that much better that night. Who knows how it could've ended without the bad turnover that lead to Trupps tying goal just after they had taken the lead. If the Gophers could've held onto that 1-0 lead for a bit there might've been a little anus tightening on the UND bench and in the crowd.

mnhowitzer is offline   Reply With Quote