View Single Post
Old
01-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Oilers Chick

vCash: 500
I caught the BU/Harvard game on Saturday night and thought I'd throw out a few observations.

First, Harvard ....oh boy, where to begin! Aside from Alex Killorn, the team isn't scoring, which is probably an understatement. Defense looked awfully shaky and their shots, for the most part, were WAY off target. Which may all partially explain why they're giving Colgate a run for their money for the ECAC basement.

Now BU...

I've actually seen the Terriers numerous times already and IMO, I didn't think this was one of their better outings, even though they won. Coyle and Chiasson continue to be the two players that I've been most impressed with. I like the fact that Matt Nieto has picked up his game and contributing, even if he doesn't always get on the scoresheet. Wade Megan is another player that has grown on me as well. Works hard and scores the "dirty" goals. Nothing fancy, but makes his hard work pay off.

And how about Justin Courtnall finally getting his first collegiate goal?

The one thing that has bothered me about the team has been the disciplinary stuff. You'd think that they'd some how be able to put all of this extra-curricular stuff behind them following the Saponari Brothers fiasco from last season. Glass gets booted off the team (is anyone here who follows BU hockey at all surprised???) and Nicastro had to sit out of Saturday's game due to taking that horrible misconduct penalty vs. UVM.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote