View Single Post
Old
10-09-2003, 09:38 AM
Slats432

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperandblue

I am much more happy to sit through a year or two of struggles with the Oilers to get to see just what this team can really do long term, than to look at Anaheim and wish we were in their position.
c and b....we can disagree. I believe that listening to a veteran speak gives more to a young player than you can imagine. And I believe that winning is taught and learned.(Which is one of the things that we all were pleased about when Lowe was hired as GM.)

Teams that win have victory based on experience. Look back and tell me any team that didn't have a couple of strong veterans that had any sort of success. Everyone needs some sort of mentor to be able to understand the mechanics of winning.

I think that if you have one player a year that is within that catagory(and again, I want to avoid specific examples) then that enhances all of the youngsters not just the one you are getting in the lineup.

Would I rather have any of the players mentioned than Pisani? You bet. Would I rather have any of the players mentioned than Stoll? No. You have to look who is on your team and make your decisions based on the personnel. There are guys that added to this team as veterans could bump some players on our roster or even platoon with them.