View Single Post
Old
01-17-2011, 05:50 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Saw those 52 cal's the other day, they felt nice and light. 45's felt pretty decent too if they came in an 80 flex.

So I picked up the 8k 75 flex shaft. Interesting enough, when I cut it to length, it ended up being a bit whippier both in the listed and perceived flex. I figured I would have to cut two more inches off the shaft to get the right length because the 10k 75 flex stick was 2" shorter than regular, but that wasn't the case.

Another interesting thing is that there's a little stopper in the bottom of the shaft, so I had to cut 1/2" off the TENON of one of my Harrow blades. But otherwise it's a perfect fit, no tape needed.

The 8k/Harrow two piece is blade heavy, not unusable, but that's to be expected. It's overall heavier than the 10k OPS of course. It feels a little whippier and both are true to listed flex (8k cut to 78 while the 10k is cut to 81). The 10k had really thin shaft walls while the 8k is a normal thickness. Grip feels about the same, and both look pretty nice.

I'm looking forward to trying the 8k out...I'd need a lighter blade to balance it out but I think the slightly whippier shaft and my preferred curve (Drury) will be great. I missed a couple goals last game because I couldn't get the puck up quick enough; I like to come out from either behind the net or from the corner and quickly spin around and put it top shelf on the goalie from about the top of the crease, and I hit his glove and shoulder on separate tries.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote