View Single Post
Old
01-17-2011, 06:07 PM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
-3, by my count, for Suter...count in the bad penalty on Sharp and getting turned inside out by Dave Bolland of all people...not a banner night for Master Suter.

I'm nervous if Bouillon is out for any length of time. Sulzer didn't make a strong case in these two games for regular playing time, looking a little weak in the first game and downright bad in the second.

Also, it's fair to say that Lindback has fallen back down to earth a bit. I'm not pinning the loss entirely on him, but in a game that was close up until the third period, he wasn't making the saves. Any goaltender can stop a routine shot, an NHL goaltender should give you a chance to win. We didn't get that, last night, similar to one of his last games before Pekka came back against LA.
In fairness to Sulzer, how long has it been since he played? Earlier this year when we needed him, and it was closer to him getting some regular time in camp, he played pretty decently. This was the defending champs we played, back-to-back. Now, we get SOB back and Sulzer stinks up the joint for his 3rd line mins a couple more nights, then yes, time to let Laakso/Blum/Josi play.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote