Thread: Rumor: Benn being used as bait?
View Single Post
Old
01-17-2011, 06:42 PM
hctopcheds11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Fata View Post
Don't see Benn being "trade bait" Kid is on his ELC and hasn't even scraped the surface of what's he capable of from what I've seen of him.

Goligoski + for Neal just makes all sorts of sense. Of course it probably wouldn't happen until the off-season if it ever did in the first place as both teams need those current players for the playoffs. Not sure what the + would be however... maybe Dustin Jeffrey and a draft pick?
I'd love to get Neal from a Pittsburgh POV. I think a lot of Dallas fans and for that matter, fans of teams in general, really underrate Goligoski. I'd hate to lose him but the fact is we have to deal from our strength. Similarly with the Dallas Stars, who need to deal from one of their strengths. Goligoski makes sense to deal because of his contract and that he would fetch something good.

I think people assume that because the Penguins fans put Goligoski in trade rumors that he is an awful player. It's actually quite the opposite, he can play and he's in those rumors because he's one of the few players/prospects we have that can fetch us a decent winger.

How about:
Goligoski and a 1st round pick

for

Neal

I think we may overpay slightly and 1st round picks are obviously valued. However, we finally can get a long term solution in the top 6. Neal is the type of player that I believe you can overpay for because he can finally fit a need for a fair price and he's an RFA at the end of the contract. This will give the Penguins a player who is ready now for either Crosby or Geno.

For Penguins fans who may not like this trade, our top 4 wingers next year could be:
Malkin
Kunitz
Neal
Tangradi

or if you don't want Geno on the wing:

Neal
Kunitz
Tangradi
Kennedy/Jefferey/Dupuis

hctopcheds11 is offline   Reply With Quote