Thread: Proposal: TB/TOR Trade Proposal
View Single Post
Old
01-18-2011, 04:27 AM
Rainman2408

vCash: 500
Burke would never take on that contract I don't think.

I would be really frustrated if Burke gave up the package that the OP suggested for sure. Don't get me wrong Vinny is great and I think a change would do him alot of good. I really believe he could be a PPG player but only for the next 4/5 years that cap hit in the late stages of his contract could really hurt the team IF he doesn't produce anymore.

I'm all for going hard after a number one center but not Vinny after he signed that contract.

(Good for him for getting it though.)

Really going to hurt Tampa in the very very near future when it comes time to resign Stamkos, Hedman, Connelly, Ashton and whoever else they have that will likely make a nice paycheck in the league one day cause you know Vinny and his 7.7m cap hit will still be there.

I bet in 2-3 years they will be looking for someone to take him for not much in return at all but the cap relief that they will desperately need. Likely send him to one of the cap floor teams as stated in an earlier post as his actuall salary will be much less. Good luck getting him to waive for a place like long island or pheonix. Maybe dallas if Richards is still playing there. Truthfully my guess is he retires playing for tampa.

my thoughts anyway.

cheers.