View Single Post
Old
01-18-2011, 06:45 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
MAB isn't going to be the silver bullet we've all been waiting for. Yeah, he'll help a little on the PP but is he going to prevent Kubina from turning the puck over at the most inopportune times? Is he going to prevent Hedman from constantly looking lost when approached by opposing forwards on the rush? Uh no. What we need the most is to make a decision. If this is going to be our season, then we need to upgrade our D, go for the gold and be willing to scratch Hedman as necessary. But that won't happen until hell literally freezes over and there are 40 inches of snow on the ground in Tampa.

BTW, Commodore will be available on re-entry for $1.875m.
For this season only. The last two years of his deal would totally be on us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Downie View Post
Someone said our PP was at its best with Purcell in there and I agree 100%. His shot wasn't anything to keep an eye on defensively but his slick passing and stick handling opened up alot of things for MSL and Stammer. We kind of drifted away from the 2 unit PP and instead have loaded up on 1 unit and it hasn't worked and has made our top guys more drained.

I'd like to see a PP of:

Stamkos at his spot-Vinny down low-Purcell at the wall
Marty at the point-Kubina on the blue line right next to the wall.

Draw as much attention away from "the spot" as possible.
I think what makes Purcell so effective, with the right teammates, is that no one pays attention to him.

As a side note, I'm not quite visualizing what you're describing. On 1-3-1, "the point" is the guy on the blue line.

In theory, I'd want to put my best offensive defensemen on the PP with my best offensive forwards. Kubina doesn't fit that description for me, but I understand the argument.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 01-18-2011 at 06:51 AM.