View Single Post
Old
01-18-2011, 07:39 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
The minute Rolston is brought up, trade discussions will be dead.

The Calgary Flames have no interest in that player. It doesn't even matter that New Jersey would need to move him for cap reasons - that contract you simply just do not take on. One of the wost contracts in the league, hands down.

Sorry Devils fans, but you're stuck with Rolston. The over-35 rule attached to Rolston's contract is the real egg on the face there. Your GM messed up, and now unfortunately your team is going to have to deal with it.

Bouwmeester isn't available, anyways. The hate he's getting here is ridiculous. He's nowhere near as bad as some are making him out to be.

He's a pillar on Calgary's defense, and he will continue to be for the duration of his contract. He's only 27. There is simply no reason to move him right now. While he could provide more offense, I'm extremely happy with the strengths he provides our team with.
Rolston has one more year at 5M$ and J-Bow has 3 more years at 6.6M$... I'd rather keep a underachiever that will be off the books by the end of next year instead of 3. That kind of $$$ can be thrown at Markov, Kaberle, Erhorff or Pitkanen and you would get a much better player IMO.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote