Old
01-18-2011, 10:04 AM
The Naz
With God given hands

vCash: 500
2010-11 Tampa Bay NHL 30 8 13 21 -11
2009-10 Tampa Bay NHL 82 24 46 70 -16
2008-09 Tampa Bay NHL 77 29 38 67 -9

I can't foresee any team in the league locking their cap into this willingly. Right now he is still only slightly overpaid, but if it slides any more, it will be a titanic failure for Burke, and he is still possibly looking at one with the Kessel trade. The minus stat in a great year like this really speaks volumes to.

Lecavalier was one of my favourite players not in a leafs uniform, as I always love high offence PF's. But his play the last 3 years, combined with such a massive boat anchor of a contract makes it way too risky IMO. I may consider trading a bad contract for him, as even now he would be great for us, but the long term risk is way too big.

He would only be just overpaid if continues to produce at a 70pt pace throughout the contract, and the leafs could deal with it in the same way NYR do, sending down undervalue contracts, but they don't do it so willingly.

It really comes down to the term. Not so much the annual cap hit. If it wasn't so god damn long, it wouldn't be bad to eat it for 2-3 years.

The Naz is offline   Reply With Quote