View Single Post
Old
01-18-2011, 11:44 AM
Sidney the Kidney
We got Kessel?!

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPIsles21 View Post
Yes but he hasn't progressed as well as the others have. He has been ineffective thus far. It would be a major gamble to trade Moulson and Bailey for him at this point in all of their careers.

I like Bailey, and I think he has the potential to be a pernnial 60 pt player. His offensive production has not improved by much, but his defensive play has. He too is only 20 years old.

Moulson is already a top 6 forward who should and has averaged 25-30 goals a season.

Bailey and Moulson for Bogosian will not be a good deal for the Isles. Not yet anyhow.
I think you're selling Bogosian's performance short with the above, especially the bolded part.

He's had a bad year, but his first two seasons in the league, he was actually impressive. His rookie year, he came back from a broken leg and put up very impressive totals for a defenseman, let alone an 18-year old. His second season, he again put up impressive totals, all while logging significant minutes for the Thrashers.

So while he's struggled a bit for whatever reason this year, I think it's unfair to make it sound like he's yet to prove he's capable of being a top-4 guy in the league. He already proved that in years 1 and 2 that he can not only handle important minutes defensively, but contribute on the offensive side of things as well.

He's proven much more at this point than Bailey has. Tossing in Moulson, who is a UFA and might not even re-sign with whichever team acquires him, doesn't offset the difference between Bogosian and Bailey, IMO.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote