Thread: Proposal: TB/TOR Trade Proposal
View Single Post
Old
01-18-2011, 12:23 PM
Oates2Neely

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
Yeah -- and it happened to Lecavalier before Stamkos even became good. He's taken a significant step back over the last few years.

Richards will be looking for the most money he can get. That will be a paycut because teams aren't willing to pay it.

You're the typical homer fan, suggesting that team should address a need regardless of cost. Boston needs a puckmover, that doesn't mean they should be trading for Brian Campbell. Kessel may be ecstatic to get a guy like Lecavalier, but that will wear off quickly when his cap hit forces us to create more holes on the team as his career declines. The young centress to grow with this team are Nazem Kadri, Mikhail Grabovski & Tyler Bozak. If he's unable to get a #1 centre with a reasonable contract, he'll have to develop one and/or go with a team who's strength is on the wings and blueline.

Toronto isn't going to win the cup in the short term, so there's no sense in taking on long term cap cripping contracts.

I could have a field day responding to your lunacy but I'll stick to your last remark.

IF that's the case then why did Burke trade for Kessel??????????????

If the vision is long term, then why not go w/ Kadri, Schenn, Seguin, (this years 1st).??

& you of all people, arent you the guy shooting down EVERY Kaberle proposal saying "you dont want picks & prospects but players who will help the Leafs win now" Im 100% sure if I take the time I can pull up ten posts of yours saying such.

& "before Stamkos became good"???? He was good the 2nd half of his rookie year, he scored 51 goals his sophmore year... so when did Stamkos bump Lecavalier? From juniors??

Last edited by Oates2Neely: 01-18-2011 at 12:28 PM.