View Single Post
Old
01-18-2011, 12:41 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
So David Legwand is "tough" compared to Mike Fisher? Quite the opposite. Legwand is a perimeter player most of the time that gets tossed around physically. Fisher does the tossing.

I know we like to dream up every intangible for our first born son (Lewgand), but Fisher is better in most people's eyes.

The reason Legwands career highs are slightly better is because Fisher was on the 3rd line for the better part of this 1st 5 years in the league, where as Legwand was on a scoringline most of that time. As for the recent, Fisher scored 25g to Legwand's 11g in similar ice-time. He's got twice the goals this year, on an Ottawa team that is not clicking at all.

But here, reason is thrown out the window when it comes to our 1st born. People say they wouldn't trade Lewgand for Zetterberg. So the only way to solve this is create a poll on the main board. I think we all know what the outcome would be, but of course, they don't know all the "intangibles" he brings to the team such as "talking at practice", etc.

So create a poll, I dare ya

And I said, I wouldn't do this trade because of the age difference in Afly and Horqnvist.
The lines Legwand were on his first 1-5 years were better than a 3rd line anywhere else in the league? Or the Smithson, Ward, Legwand combo wouldn't be a 3rd line (at best) for most teams? Really, other than when we ran the Kariya, Erat, Legwand line did Leggy have 2nd line wingers on both sides?

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote