Thread: Proposal: TB/TOR Trade Proposal
View Single Post
Old
01-18-2011, 01:18 PM
seanlinden

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Vinny's not a top end player anymore, but Komi is - jfried you are becoming a HF board joke
Where did I say that Komisarek is a top end player? I said that he's a top 4 defenceman on most teams, and would happen to play on the top pair of a few teams.

Vinny's obviously a better forward than Komisarek is a defenceman, but it doesn't justify $3.2m more in cap hit and 5 more years on his contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
[/B]

I could have a field day responding to your lunacy but I'll stick to your last remark.

IF that's the case then why did Burke trade for Kessel??????????????

If the vision is long term, then why not go w/ Kadri, Schenn, Seguin, (this years 1st).??

& you of all people, arent you the guy shooting down EVERY Kaberle proposal saying "you dont want picks & prospects but players who will help the Leafs win now" Im 100% sure if I take the time I can pull up ten posts of yours saying such.

& "before Stamkos became good"???? He was good the 2nd half of his rookie year, he scored 51 goals his sophmore year... so when did Stamkos bump Lecavalier? From juniors??
Burke traded for Kessel because he had no potential high end goalscorers in the system. The vision is long term, in the sense of trying to win now without sacrificing the future, and that trade was made with a long term objective. That pick wasn't Tyler Seguin when it was traded, and if both picks ended up outside of the top 5, then Burke would've been foolish to not make the trade.

That being said, Toronto doesn't want prospects / picks. They want young players who can help them win now and in the future. Toronto needs to resign Kaberle.

Lecavalier stopped producing as soon as Stamkos arrived. If he was still a top player he would've found a way to compliment Stamkos (especially on the powerplay).