View Single Post
Old
01-18-2011, 05:48 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
I suspect Perreault would be available for Arnott. I suspect Orlov would not be available for him. I'm very confident that the Caps won't trade Alzner or Carlson, period. The Caps have no 2011 second rounder.
This is the most logical post in the thread. Between Backstrom establishing himself as a top-tier center and the development of Johansson happening as rapidly as he is, it makes sense that Perreault would be the odd man out. Especially with Arnott coming back the other way, there's no room for Perreault as a top 9 center.

I'd love to see someone with the raw skill of Perreault getting taught the intricacies of the game by Jacques Lemaire. Adding another young skilled center to Zajac/Josefson/Henrique gives you a great group of skilled 25 or younger centers to build your forward corps around.

Devils fans want Alzner and Carlson because they are textbook examples of the types of players wee need on defense, but Washington would be stupid to give them away for anything but overpayment. Orlov has a very high ceiling as well, trading him for rental would come back to haunt them if they didn't win the Cup.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote