Old
01-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I still really like Gustafsson, and I think Holmstrom and Testwuide have solid NHL potential. Outside of that is pretty hit or miss. People seem to forget Manning, but I have high hopes for him. He's a great leader, two-way defenseman, and works hard. He's an overager, but like I said, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Of course adding Da Costa is always welcome.

And you're right. Outside of Bob, nothing has shown so far, but I like the way it's been. Having no picks he's done a pretty good job getting talent.

The problem is that I'd rather have some picks. I still don't think it's a viable strategy for a long-term investment. It's okay for now, but anymore than this and he's pushing it. We need some top-end talent to flow into the pool.

Agreed.
Ah yes, Gustafsson. I have hopes for him as well, but nothing too great. I know nothing of the others.

Luckily the core of this team is largely young, and a lot of it will be around for close to 3 more seasons. I'm not horribly concerned about the lacking pool right now.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote