01-18-2011, 05:39 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
John McFarland ring a bell, Pauser???

The pack catches up sometimes....it always happens.

I would say no to Ambroz anywhere between 25-30, if you can get him with your 2nd OK.

Musil on the other hand, he already has great chemistry with Connauton, excellent size, wingspan, range, pedigree etc. If he is there at hopefully 30th overall he would definately not be a bad pick.....at worst he is a NHL defensman.
Possibly.

I wouldn't give up on McFarland alltogether and do think he has talent. I probably would have taken a flier on him in the last 1st round too.

Ambroz is a bit of a high potential pick with a high floor. He'll either be a top power forward, or he'll be a gritty bottom 6 enforcer type. Either way, I think he's likely to play in the NHL.

I'd be very happy if we got Musil. I'd also be very surprised if he dropped to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Musil and Ambroz are falling for different reasons. The former is falling because he has not lived up to extremely high expectations, mostly offensively, but he's still progressing; the latter is falling (a ton) because he looks to have reached his ceiling and looks like a pretty risky pick at this point.

I love it that a page ago you were arguing against picking a guy that's been able to get by on his size, a page later you're arguing for drafting a player who has been getting by on his size and has shown little else in terms of development.
There's a difference between forwards and defensemen. If Ambroz doesn't pan out as a prolific scorer and power forward, he still has the potential to be a bottom 6 forward with grit, similar to a Raffi Torres role, whereas if Oleksiak doesn't pan out there aren't enough spots on a teams defense that would allow him a niche role. It's possible he could be a sufficient bottom pairing defenseman if he doesn't pan out as a top 4 guy, but there's only 2 of those spots as opposed to 6 forward spots.