View Single Post
Old
01-18-2011, 08:32 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
The downside with that is that if you aren't bending your knees and have proper technique like all those NHL'ers, you might not be able to take advantage of the shorter stick. Also, they're way faster and in way better shape, thus can skate with the puck or to the puck a lot quicker than the rest of us. Plus, when the stick is that short, your shot is going to suffer unless you use a very whippy stick.

I'm about to test an Oggie Ergo pro stock grip which might help in using a shorter stick. It puts a flex point up at the top hand and gives a more "natural" grip on the stick. When I tried it before, I was used to holding the butt end in the middle of the palm so it hurt stickhandling and my sticks were cut to almost my nose height in skates, but now they are just below the chin and I'm curious to see how it works out.

One interesting (reassuring?) thing is that looking at those pictures, those players are holding the stick with the blade closed, rather than straight up and down like you're "supposed" to. I've been wondering about that since I hold the stick with the blade closed, I'm in good company with Sergei and Joe!

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote