View Single Post
Old
01-18-2011, 10:41 PM
kirsi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
I'm possibly interesting in going to the Blackhawks game in Columbus in March, but not entirely sure yet since it's a 9 hour drive. I just recently made a 5 hour drive for the recent game with them vs. the Preds, and it was a great time. How is the general atmosphere in Columbus for a Friday night game? Also, any suggestions on hotels, and things to possibly do on Saturday before heading back home? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Also, if anyone has any ticket suggestions, that'd be awesome as well. Right now I see pair in row F, section 116 on StubHub for about $70/tic... really hard to not buy those right now.
$70 a ticket! That's he--a expensive. If you are a student I would think about student tickets but those aren't guaranteed so... do what you see fit There might be some ticket promotions that game. Those deals are pretty sweet (check out the bluejackets.com schedule for that info). Most views are pretty good. Personally I hate glass seats and would rather sit in the upper bowl corners/center ice or behind the net lower bowl.

Friday games are pretty fun (even weeknight games with 10,000 people are fun). Blackhawks draw a big crowd (sellout) and it will be crazy (like you are in the United Center...). I don't know much about area hotels because I stay in my house ()

There is a lot to do in Columbus. It depends what you like and what you don't have in Atlanta that we have (I am unfamiliar with the city, btw...). The zoo is great (attached aquarium in zoo is lame), but about 20 minutes away from downtown. There is a waterpark there too. There are some cool malls around but those are very... mallish (easton, polaris). The Short North is very cool and very local. Lots of neat shops and things to eat (jeni's ice cream comes to mind). you should check out the north market, right by the area, also lots of local meats, cheeses, beers, salsas, food, etc. There are a lot of great golf courses in Columbus.

Other people have cooler ideas than me, I'm sure