View Single Post
Old
01-18-2011, 10:45 PM
DropIt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephalusc View Post
I doubt the Flames will trade Bouwmeester, he's too valuable to our D. This "Bouwmeester is a bad over paid player" is just HF, as usual, going way over-board. He's a very good defenseman. Feaster has already said several times that he will not be traded this season.

There has been a rumor, and not just from Eklund, that Regehr has waived his NTC. While the Devil's may not be interested, Regehr probably is being shopped.

And no, the Devil's do not have any defenseman "like" Regehr. He's a lot better than any shut-down D they have now.

I think Regehr will be traded for picks, although with Feaster's drafting record I hope we get back a more proven player.

Back in 2006, Brendan Witt was traded for a 1st and Beech... I think Regehr could easily get a similar, or maybe even better, return.
Sorry guy. I love the Flames as much as the next Calgarian, but to say NJ doesn't have a Regehr 'type' player is wrong. Colin White is a carbon copy of Robyn Regehr. And while Volchenkov isn't quite as defensively sound, he is very good defensively while contributing offensively

DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote