Thread: Proposal: Boston-Calgary
View Single Post
Old
01-19-2011, 12:50 AM
Noori

vCash: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Really? What other team with a top 5-10 pick would realistically be interested?

Just because Boston has it, doesn't mean it will have to be the key piece to any deal which is the way some people treat it. A top 5 pick is just as important to a competitive "going for it" team as it is a rebuilding team imo. Any cheap high end talent you can add extends that window to win, and gives you more flexibility on your roster.

Starting with Colborne makes sense imo, but why you wouldn't ask for Krejci in his stead I don't know. He makes far more sense for your team, is a far surer bet, and steps in right away to become your number 1 center, at a cost effective salary. Colborne is very much a work in progress.
You're right, I'd want both.

Krejci, Colborne, Boston's 1st (if all goes well, should be a late 1st)

for Iginla and Pardy (a big solid bottom-pairing defensemen that helps Boston's depth on defense for the stretch and playoff runs, also needed for evening out contracts).

I really wouldn't go any lower. At that point, it's just not worth it to trade Iginla. Boston is really dealing from a position of strength as they already have a bunch of solid centermen and also have TO's 1st.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote