View Single Post
Old
01-19-2011, 03:24 AM
clyankees47

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Any team is going to be hard-pressed to get Setoguchi out of San Jose. Pavelski and Clowe are untouchable during the season, plain and simple.

The Sharks just need a puck-moving, 20+ minute logging d-man that will contribute offensively. They just need a more developed Jason Demers. Keeping some sort of realistic expectation, Carolina would likely be the most ideal partner. Either Joni Pitkanen or Ian White. Neither of them are ideal fits but either would be the best fit they could hope for in terms of what is out there. Everyone else that is likely available is just not good enough at puck-moving and minute-eating.

And with both Pitkanen and White being rentals, it would depend on the price tag if Carolina does become sellers. I'd only assume that if they wanted to clear salary more than compete for that last spot. I'd likely do McGinn, Joslin, and a 1st for Pitkanen and probably Joslin and a 2nd for White. The Sharks would have to find a home for Huskins elsewhere most likely since I'd assume salary wouldn't be desired in return by Carolina in such a scenario.
Setoguchi's trade value is very low right now. A puck-moving, 20+ minute logging d-man that will contribute offensively is worth more. D-men in general are worth more than forwards. It's simple supply and demand. D-men in general, much less a two-way or offensive d-men of the top four variety, are hard to come by.

The only Sharks forwards of any trade value right now are Couture, Pavelski, and Clowe (Heatley, Thornton, and Marleau are untradeable cap-wise).

No team is going to want to give up a puck-moving, 20+ minute offensive d-man.....if you're not willing to part with one of those three forwards.

clyankees47 is offline   Reply With Quote