Thread: Proposal: Boston-Calgary
View Single Post
Old
01-19-2011, 03:56 AM
Lunatik*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
If colborne was any other prospect not on the b's roster not named caron and seguin(whos not really a prospect at this point) id say no problem at all.

ryder makes too much sense as the salary dump for both teams. doesnt affect calgary after this season giving them wiggle room, helps bruins fit in iginla both on the wing in the top 6 and salary wise

if colborne is a must in the deal then wheeler/min 2nd would have to be changed to paille or a mid-prospect (a less valuable piece in other words)

but i dont see trading two envisioned top 6 players for an aging(yet still very talented) one which is why its hard for me to see why the b's include both, although certainly possible
what if the 2nd became a 3rd (Coyotes, since you moved yours in the Horton deal)

I really think moving Iginla for Toronto's 1st & Colborne is exactly what the Flames need to jumpstart a rebuild... adding those 2 pieces to a probable top 10 pick of our own (maybe also top 5 if we move Iginla) plus whatever we can get for Regehr (hopefully another 1st plus a prospect) and hopefully we'd be set to start moving forward

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote