View Single Post
Old
01-19-2011, 07:37 AM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
but I also feel there was an opening, an opportunity here that was missed by Grachev.
Maybe so, but if the Rangers are only going to give a prospect one chance when they're 19-20 years old, then something is wrong with this franchise.

That's not to say that I'm happy with Grachev's progress...but I'm saying that even if he missed a chance here, there *should* be another chance in his future provided he improves his game.

It sounds like he's playing better now, so hopefully he can carry that forward through the rest of the season and finish strong. I think he still needs another year in the AHL before we'll be able to tell what's going on with him, but we'll see how it pans out.

But I think it's kind of silly to make the Wolski trade out to be a big indication that Grachev is out of favor. It's just a team being smart...they shouldn't be sitting there and banking an important roster spot indefinitely on a prospect, even if they're high on that player. Wolski improves the team, which is what a GM should be doing.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote