View Single Post
Old
01-19-2011, 08:36 AM
Bobcat110

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
I'm possibly interesting in going to the Blackhawks game in Columbus in March, but not entirely sure yet since it's a 9 hour drive. I just recently made a 5 hour drive for the recent game with them vs. the Preds, and it was a great time. How is the general atmosphere in Columbus for a Friday night game? Also, any suggestions on hotels, and things to possibly do on Saturday before heading back home? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Also, if anyone has any ticket suggestions, that'd be awesome as well. Right now I see pair in row F, section 116 on StubHub for about $70/tic... really hard to not buy those right now.
For best atmosphere, wait another week and do the Sabres game. It will definately sellout because it's the last home game of the year and because of the busses of drunk Sabres fans. The Blue Jackets do lots of giveaways for the last game of the season, including the "game jerseys off the player's backs" promo which has the players come out after the game and sign over their sweaty jerseys to "randomly selected" fans. The only thing that is obsurd is that there will be at least one Sabres fan on the ice getting a signed game worn jersey while thousands of season ticketholders watch from the stands. The Blackhawks game should draw well too, but I doubt a sellout unless CBJ are still in playoff hunt.

For hotel, I usually bid $45 on Priceline for a "3* Downtown Columbus" hotel. I've been placed in the Hyatt Regency (1 block), Doubletree (4 blocks), Rennaissance (5 blocks) or Hyatt on Capital Square (7 blocks). Even with taxes/fees, you can often spend less than $60 for a nice hotel room in walking distance of the arena.

For tickets, the Blue Jackets have their own resale site that allows season ticket holders to sell their tickets. You get an immediate e-mail with printable tickets upon payment. Since the game is still a couple months out, there's not much inventory yet, but season ticketholders will start listing their seats as we get closer to the game. https://teamexchange.ticketmaster.co..._ARTIST_140X65

Last edited by Bobcat110: 01-19-2011 at 08:43 AM.