View Single Post
Old
01-19-2011, 09:52 AM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustOneOfTheGuys View Post
I didn't mention he was traded for Goldie Prodgers in 1919 and traded two years later for Cully Wilson. Getting traded for an all-time great makes one pay attention; doing it twice put him on my radar.

I would love some details on those all-star selections to put in his bio, if you could drum up whatever you've got lying around.
Here are some tidbits from sihr:

Quote:
Ed Carpenter, who joined the fledgling NHL in it's second season after serving in the Great War, died on April 30, 1963.

Although he was born in the USA, he moved to Lachute, Quebec at a young age, and then on to Port Arthur, Ontario in 1909. It is there that he began playing organized hockey. He was on the Stanley Cup winning Seattle Metropolitans team with Jim Riley in 1917, which he jumped his contract with the Toronto Blueshirts to join. He then entered the military for two years. After his service, he returned to the NHL and played one season with the Quebec Bulldogs and another with the Hamilton Tigers before leaving the game as a player.

He later returned to Port Arthur and coached the Bearcats to the Allan Cup. In 1944 he moved to Winnipeg, and worked for Canadian National Railway for 43 years.
Quote:
Signed as a free agent by Toronto (NHA), December 9, 1914 - Jumped contract with Toronto (NHA) and signed with Seattle (PCHA), November 12, 1915

Signed as a free agent by Montreal Canadiens, December 15, 1919 - Traded to Quebec by Canadiens for Goldie Prodgers, December 21, 1919

Transferred to Hamilton after Quebec franchise relocated, November 2, 1920

Traded to Toronto by Hamilton for Cully Wilson, November 9, 1921

1st All-Star Team 1910-11 (CP); 1911-12 (CP) NOHL); 1912-13 (MPHA)

seventieslord is offline   Reply With Quote