View Single Post
Old
01-19-2011, 11:05 AM
VanIslander
Hope for better 2015

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
I'd like to think that, as a group, after 1600+ picks, we've gotten to the bottom of who all the best players in history were, and in a reasonable order, too. These two picks turned that line of thinking upside down for me. As the adage goes, the more you know, the more you don't know.
One thing the past has taught me is: No matter how confident you are that you know something well, chances are you'll find something out in the future that you didn't know and requires a change in belief. Some people do this repeatedly with no loss of confidence, as if forgetting that they didn't once know what they now know, and that they were just as confident before of what they previously believed as they are with what they believe now. (As a philosophy major we studied this as one of the limits of any epistemology seeking a foundation in certainty.)

I have seen a continuous progress/promotion of MLD and lower level picks to higher draft positions. It's an ongoing progress. More research will be done and more insights and reflections will be made. The longer we do this, the more we dig and the more of us that dig, the more and better we'll find. That's what I expect. Of THAT I am pretty confident.

VanIslander is offline   Reply With Quote