View Single Post
Old
01-19-2011, 11:26 AM
hockeyball

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeven View Post
I still stand by what I said all last year; trade Clowe for Kaberle. Lets face it, the Leafs need offense, they'll get that in Clowe. The Sharks need a puck moving defencemen, they'll get that in Kaberle for sure.

Clowe fits right in to the Leafs roster, the Leafs like guys with grit, and guys who can score goals and create offense. Clowe can do all of that.

I could definitely picture Kaberle playing alongside Demers or Vlasic, but probably not with Boyle because Murray and Boyle are partners and have both stated they know each other inside out, and the way each other plays. Kaberle is one of the best puck moving defensemen in the league by far and would fit right into a good power play unit. Imagine this power play: Marleau, Heatley, Thornton, Boyle and Kaberle. That sounds deadly to me.

Anyways I think that seems fair to me. Maybe the Sharks also throw in Cheechoo since he's a prospect of our now in Worcester and they give us a prospect or two of their own, preferably a defensemen. But this is just my opinion though, I don't know about you guys, but I think this sounds fair.
This is the one of the worst possible scenarios I can see. Trading your hardest working most passionate player who is having a career year for a rental player who is almost guaranteed not to re-sign here and whom does not posses the ideal skill set.

If we are trading Clowe, it better be for the perfect d-man coming back.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote