Thread: Value of: Kaberle to NYR
View Single Post
Old
01-19-2011, 10:58 AM
birddog*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I can almost guarantee Sather is kicking the tires on a Kaberle deal. Burke and Sather are buddies and have a history( Antropov for 2nd for example)

What would the Leafs expect back for Kaberle?

I imagine a 2nd rounder would be a starting point. I don't think the Rangers would move top young prospecs for a rental but they may add Gilroy who is playing well of late and a extra F like Christensen who is currently injured but has one more year at 1.1 million

For a UFA like Kaberle I would say a 2nd, Gilroy, Christensen would be plenty and Leafs may even have to add something. I am sure others will think I am nuts and want more , lol

thoughts?
My thoughts are this is the typical pile of poop that you see in EVERY HF proposal.

Gilroy has not developed and Christensen is not the answer. You are trying to grab form everything expendable and land a top 10 scoring Dman.

How bout Gunnarson (Gilroy), Bozak (Christiansen), and a 2nd for Marc Staal. I'd wager to say Gunnar and Bozak are younger and better players and the pick is even higher - so it's a far superior package to the pile of poop you offered. Thoughts?

There aren't any thoughts - it's not even close enough to what the Leafs would consider. If you take a scoop of poop and pile it on top of more poop you just end up with a bigger pile. Leafs have enough of there own crap.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote