Thread: Proposal: Boston-Calgary
View Single Post
Old
01-19-2011, 11:09 AM
SaintAnton

vCash: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
I don't have any issue with trading the Toronto pick this year if it is for a high impact player that could possibly push us over the top. Something along the lines of the following, with adjustments as needed for cap purposes...

Savard & TOR 1st for Bouwmeester & CGY 2nd,

Savard is high risk/high reward for Calgary, if he's healthy then they have a top line center that has chemistry with their top line winger. They also get out from under JayBo's contract. Boston gets a solid top 2 defender to skate big minutes and provide much needed puck moving skills, and they get a high end 2nd rounder to balance the loss of a potential top 5 pick.
The Toronto pick is a gamble in every sense of the word. It's currently top 5, but I see more likelihood that it slips lower rather than higher as we go forward. If it's 5th or outside of that, there is no guarantee it does anything to help Boston in the near (or even distant) future.

All that said, I'd be happy with a final return of Seguin, Bouwmeester, Jared Knight, and a 2nd rounder for Savard & Kessel.
Calgary doesn't have a 2nd

Take one of

Glencross / Hagman / Negrin / Pelech / Morrison / Stajan / Tanguay

to go back instead.

SaintAnton is offline   Reply With Quote