View Single Post
01-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Join Date: Jul 2005
Originally Posted by
A little too much for Iginla but I agree the Toronto 1st is in play if Iginla is. Colborne and Toronto's 1st with Ryder and Ference going as well makes it a tempting offer for both sides.
Great post. I have been on the Iginla talk since last season.
Boston and Calgary make perhaps the best trading partners in the entire NHL right now.
1. Iginla going to the Eastern Conference? Check.
2. Iginla going to a contender? Check.
3. Iginla's contract matching up with Seguin's? Check.
4. Iginla waiving to play with friends (Lucic, Savard, Bergeron, Ference and Recchi) Check.
5. Boston's top prospect from Calgary, young 1A potential? Check
6. Top ten Draft pick going to Calagary to add to their own? Check.
This move gives Calgary Colborne to play center next year and two top ten draft picks in a year where the top 6 are pretty even. Even if Boston had to add another prospect, they are a team that is able to do so.
One team builds up for a Cup run, the other excels their rebuild by almost a year.
Let's not give up on these discussions fans!
...I didn't even include Colborne. If he also gets sent to Calgary, then yaaaay
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by ComixZone