View Single Post
Old
01-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
I have some concern with Grachev because in each camp that I watch him play his level of compete doesn't seem to be very high.
Well the good thing is that it sounds like that is what he has improved on recently and is making plays happen more rather than trying to let things come to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cally4captain View Post
The Grachev scenario right now is very interesting. There obviously was a lot of hype surrounding him when he entered the AHL following his successful seasons with Brampton of the OHL. Since then, though, we haven't heard very much about him other than that he is not NHL ready. I mean, if this guy is as talented as he is supposed to be, wouldn't he have been excelling at the AHL level at a pace much quicker than he is now? I am starting to wonder about Grachev's future, because so far he has disappointed me a bit.
Well, he was probably oversold to some people. He never was a legitimate star talent, the kind where even without trying he could pot 20+ goals (think Zherdev). His was the kind of talent that came out when he played a certain way and was able to use certain gifts. He's overall not talented enough to just float by on talent alone though.

That doesn't mean he can't be a good goal scorer or point producer, but that he really has to learn how to use the talents he has at a professional level. As mentioned, he seems to be getting better and finding a way to get into scoring position more often, so we can hope he builds on that.

I think it's fine to be worried about his development at this point. I wouldn't completely give up on him yet, but there's definitely some cause for concern. He is still very young though, so what you really want to see out of him the rest of this year is continued improvement

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote