Stars and Flyers
View Single Post
01-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Originally Posted by
I challenge you to tell us why he has more value
to the Flyers
1. He's younger than Neal by a bit.
2. Neal will get a significant raise after next season while JVR's should be moderate.
3. Neal is about a million more than JVR now if you include all of JVR's bonuses.
4. The Flyers need a player that fits JVR's mold more than Neal's.
5. JVR offers more offensive potential while still remaining competent defensively.
6. JVR's speed and creativity compliment Laviolette's system perfectly.
7. JVR has found his niche and is obviously well-liked in Philadelphia and by the organization. (You don't trade something you know works unless necessary.)
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by CS