Thread: Value of: Zach Parise + NJ 2011 1st
View Single Post
Old
01-19-2011, 04:58 PM
apice3*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved1 View Post
Parise will sign for no less than 6 mil and I bet 6.5 . Its just common sense. Every teams home fans claim 'hometown discount' for their players but its not really fair to the player.

To put a value on him nowadays you have to consider the contract as part of that value. Dont forget Parise needs a new contract.

Is Parise worth Ryan Kesler?

No way is a 6.5 mil dollar Parise worth a 5mil dollar Kesler.

Is a 5mil dollar Parise worth a 5mil dollar Kesler ? I argue no but Im a Canucks homer. Im sure you devils fans would argue the other way. I would respect that argument.

As far as Doughty goes, he still cheap but for how long? Consider this
I really can't believe you think Kesler is better than Parise. I don't care if you're a homer, that's ridiculous. It's a consensus among everyone, including Canuck fans, that Kesler is better defensively (how much better if debatable), and will have (assumed) a cheaper contract. Parise offensive talent is miles above Kesler and he does it in a defensive system while facing top pairing defenseman. Kesler is a fine player and I love his game, but when people are arguing whether Parise is a top 10 or "just" a top 15 forward and Kesler is no where to be mentioned in the conversation, it's pretty clear who's the better player.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote