View Single Post
Old
01-19-2011, 06:29 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
As A Flames fan, I would take that. (If that was the direction the team wanted to go)

Cant expect anymore than that.
Boston is about to realize the unique window that they have now of having:

Krejci
Seguin
Kampfer
Boychuk
Rask
Marchand

...all at less than 4.0 million annually. Add in the twilight years of:

Savard
Chara
Thomas

and the players coming into their prime of:

Lucic
Horton
Bergeron
Seidenberg

...and you begin to see how valuable this year and next is to make that push to go over the top.

Realistically, how many openings do you see in next years lineup for a young player to make the Bruins?

Lucic - Savard -Horton
Wheeler - Krejci - ______
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
______ - Campbell - Thornton

Now, Add in Caron and you have one spot for Knight, Colborne, Arniel, Hamill, Spooner, and the 2011 Toronto 1st to find jobs.

At some point you need to move prospects that are developing or players that have already established their career into better single players. In this case, Iginla.

I fully believe Wheeler is going to get even better. Same goes for Colborne. I also believe the Leafs pick will be in the 4-10 range and be a great prospect. That is what it takes to get a player like Iginla for your Cup run.

At some point you cash in five quarters for a dollar because you need the dollar right then and there, even if those quarters may be worth more down the line. You need the one player to put you over the top and you give a high compensation.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote