View Single Post
Old
01-19-2011, 07:47 PM
MountainHawk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
My interpretation of this new "process" for other providers is Comcast submits a pricing to the FCC, the FCC reviews it and then approves/denies the price.

That was also my guess...that CSN would just be be part of the sports package. For me, I'm not biting.

I paid $160/year for Center Ice. If they charge $12/month ($144/year) for that sports package, granted I'll get some other channels too which may have hockey games, you run the risk of losing the game if it's on TCN, any then it's a pain to find NHL games. I'd rather personally just get Center Ice and be guaranteed the game and have it easy to find, regardless of the announcer.

Center Ice has also been good with getting both team's feeds lately. Only thing is, like mentioned, no pre/post game.
The sports pack is worth it if you like soccer or college sports. Lots of college football on the RSNs. The hockey games actually aren't on the RSN channels, they are blacked out unless you have Center Ice. But you can get any of the pre/post game shows.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote