Thread: Proposal: Gaborik for Brown?
View Single Post
Old
01-20-2011, 02:22 AM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i think ppl are vastly underrating Dustin Brown over here. This isn't about just giving up on Gabby, this is trading Gabby for a guy who is a 50-60 point player, never misses a game, oozes leadership, hits like a mack truck loaded with bricks, never takes a shift off, and, oh yeah, is just 26 years old.

Again, I wouldnt trade Gabby straight up for Brown, but Brown + a high prospect a-la Schenn, and yes, I would do it.

Gabby is an elite player, make no mistake about it, but Dustin Brown is exactly the type of player the Rangers are trying to build through their system. This guy is, imho, a clone of what Brandon Dubinsky is to us, only he's been doing it for the last 6 years.

Brown is a big time player and id love to have him on the Rangers.
I think he'd fit perfectly on the same team as guys like Callahan and Dubinsky. Having said that, there aren't many guys with the skill level that Gaborik has.

If anything, I think Brown, at least from a point producing standpoint, is slightly overrated. Love the game he plays, but that's also part of the danger. Those heart and soul, gritty types always seem to attract people a little easier than the guys who are elite scorers, but don't have much of a physical presence out there.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote