: Injury Report:
2010-11 Official Injury Thread
View Single Post
01-20-2011, 03:43 PM
Join Date: Nov 2010
Originally Posted by
What's the deal with Boogaard anyway? Is he even going to play hockey again? What a waste of a contract.
NHL rules. Can't play until concussion and/or post concussion syndrome symptom free.
From Web MD.
Symptoms of a concussion include:
1. Passing out.
2. Not being able to remember what happened after the injury.
3. Acting confused, asking the same question over and over, slurring words, or not being able to concentrate.
4. Feeling lightheaded, seeing "stars," having blurry vision, or experiencing ringing in the ears.
5. Not being able to stand or walk; or having coordination and balance problems.
6. Feeling nauseous or throwing up.
Symptoms of post concussion syndrome:
1. changes in the ability to concentrate, think, remember, or solve problems.
3. personality changes
This is why Steve Moore still can't play. Last I knew he was still hoping to come back but he still had symptoms. That was a couple years ago. He may have retired by now.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Skrimpy