View Single Post
Old
01-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
personally, i like boyle better but thats not the point. throughout kaberle's career he has never been a big goal scorer or a big shooter for that matter. he has always been the slick skater , with one of the best outlet passes in the league and a playmaker on the PP. not every player on a team is a big hitter,PK,fighter ect... , they all have there strong points and weaknesses but in the case of kaberle he has proved for years his strong point in playmaking and passes out of the zone. how can anyone who has honestly watched him play all these years not say he his one of the top 10 offensive d-men in the league. he has 29 points this year and you can't tell me that if he played on a team with better offensive forwards he wouldn't have closer to 35 points. if he wasn't a leaf he would be viewed as he should but thats the leaf haters for you
So, what you're saying is you don't think goal scoring should be considered when determining who the top offensive defensemen are?

You don't think defense matters when calling a defenseman a superstar?

Yes, all players have strengths and weaknesses. Superstars and high end players are usually very good in multiple facets of the game however. Tomas Kaberle is not. He's an incredible passer, and consistently in the top 20 in points among defenseman because of how many assists he racks up, but he's the poster child for the one dimensional NHL'er.

I appreciate his value to the Leafs, and I agree that he's worth more to them then likely any other team. Leafs fans just need to properly understand that. If he's made available, you aren't going to get your value.

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote