View Single Post
Old
01-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Winky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
This is awful for San Jose.

Pavelski is going nowhere. He's a 60+ point, two-way center who is clutch and on a great contract. 4 mil for 4 years. Wilson got a steal there. People forget the playoffs Pavelski had last year. He was dominant against the Wings, and in the late stages of the Colorado series. He got the tying goal in game 2(?) to send it to overtime so San Jose could tie up the series.

And Setoguchi likely isn't available either. He's also on a bargain contract. 1.8 million for two years. For a perennial 20 goal scorer with the potential for more. I don't know how he was signed for so little, but another steal for Wilson. He's also a necessity for the Sharks forward lineup. Who would replace him? Bozak? No. Bozak is 25 and has 55 career NHL points. Setoguchi has more goals than Bozak has points.

Coyle is fresh off a dominating WJC - he won't be moved either. He could give the Sharks some big value on his ELC on the 3rd line in a few years. He's a big body who has great hands around the net. Basically the elements that Kadri is lacking.

Also, San Jose wants to improve their defense. Not make it worse with another overpaid vet. Beauchemin is exactly the opposite of what the Sharks need. He's constantly giving the puck away, and doesn't add much in the puck-moving/scoring department. San Jose needs a PMD to take some pressure off of Boyle, and Beauchemin does not give the Shakrs that.

Toronto absolutely runs away with this one, and it makes them a much, much better team.
Do you mind if I just copy and paste this every time one of these absurd proposals come up? I'd put you as the source of course.

Oh, and well done with the triple post!

Winky is offline   Reply With Quote