View Single Post
Old
01-20-2011, 05:03 PM
piqued

vCash: 3722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
I havent designed a new logo yet, but I want to see what you think of the jersey first before I continue.
Positives?
Negatives?
I'm hesitant to critique other people's stuff since it could look like I'm just bashing whatever is different from my work, which isn't the case, but if you want my honest opinion... the striping is bad. The horizontal sleeve stripes that end half-way around the arm are one of the worst design offenses of the Reebok EDGE generation. Edmonton and Florida both fell into this trap and are both looking to make wholesale changes by next fall. The combination of the half-stripe with the full-length shoulder yoke/vertical stripe is particularly reminiscent of the Panthers, which is generally considered to be one of the worst looks in the NHL:

Your striping at the bottom that traces the outline of the curved hem may look good on a template but it's contingent on the current EDGE cut. I wouldn't be surprised to see either Reebok replaced as the NHL's supplier or for their jerseys to be redesigned to follow a more traditional hem that eliminates the existing "bib" effect. To that end, I think any new design should be sufficiently timeless that it could largely survive such a transition and not fall victim to production problems as was the fate of our star-shaped sweaters.