Thread: Comrie
View Single Post
Old
10-09-2003, 11:54 AM
hockeyaddict101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jofa
Man, in case you haven't noticed, this has gone way beyond a "Brownlee" rumor at this point. Even on TSN last night, they were talking about how Comrie isn't happy playing in Edm and is asking for a trade.

How about a quote from Comrie's agent "I'm an optimist, but I'm very pessimistic now that this can be worked out in Edmonton. There are differences of opinion between the parties that may be irreconcilable"

Not convinced? How about a quote from Lowe: "No. I'm not trying to sign him," Lowe said. "There's been no discussions of signing, so I'll leave that. If you're asking me, 'Are you negotiating right now?' We're not negotiating."

So, why canít us fans discuss a Comrie trade rumour? And your attitude that we are being led by the media and/or our raging hormones is not overly appreciated, as there are a lot of intelligent people on this site who have the capacity to think beyond a Brownlee article. If you're the only one who can't see the writing on the wall, its most likely you who is misreading the situation.
and if that isn't enough Lowe talked to Morley Scott about the difficulty in finding a trading partner before training camp.

Ched is the Oilers mouth piece and if Lowe was willing to say that to Scott you know Comrie is gone.