Old
01-20-2011, 09:38 PM
HoverCarle*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
I come in peace, let's talk hockey.

When you are up 5-2 you shouldn't charge and leave your feet. I think that is why Potvin said it was unnecessary. Hit him? Fine. Don't leave your feet when the game is out of hand.

Potvin is one of the greatest D to play the game and knew how to answer the bell. He did give props for Giroux. He is old school, guys. But I admire Giroux for answering the bell and both guys were stupid to take their helmets off, winced when Foligno hit the ice.

So Neil went after Giroux which is what you would expect. Shelley, for you to rationalize it that way is your opinion, but he should have went with Carks. Fighting a smaller guy and beating him, barely, more like a draw does not deserve a pat on the back...he wussed out. Same with Briere. Have to say that looked pretty embarrassing for Flyers to walk away from fighting. The guys holding the "Old School Hockey" sign should have put it down. Holmgren went to grab a coffee I'm sure!

But it was fun to watch. We suck, you guys have a strong, deep team. Like your team a lot, actually. Will have to see if Bobrovsky can carry the load or not. Coming out of the East I don't thing you guys have much to worry about, except injuries. Seriously, nice for team building but wouldn't want to lose Giroux or Carter to wrist injuries!

Although would have been nice to see Fisher - Rochards tangle.
Why the hell should Briere fight? He has been leading our team, no need to risk getting injured. There were 4 ****ing fights in the game (+ failed OD fight) and yet you complain that there werent 6? saying it's embarrassing that we won 6-2 and only fought 4 times? What's really embarrassing is how bad the sens team is.

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote