View Single Post
Old
01-20-2011, 11:37 PM
drownedsailors

vCash: 500
I'm sorry but did everyone absolutely miss seeing why Giroux made the hit? Was I the only one watching this game?

Ok listen, we all know the Senators suck, but they're one of those teams that sometimes compete like crazy when they're down 7-0 or whatever. Well the score was 5-2 at the time, and Giroux/Carter's line was out for an extended amount of time. They had trouble clearing the puck and the Senators were good on the cycle. There was a point (right before the Giroux hit) when the puck was near the blue line and all the Flyers were having trouble clearing the puck, then Winchester was the first guy to get to the lose puck and he was trying to take the puck in deep; so Giroux hit him to separate the puck from him so that one of the Flyers could clear the puck and they could all have a line change.

For some reason that play reminded me of that power play goal we had against Buffalo, when the the Buffalo Penalty killers were all getting to the lose pucks and it looked like the puck was going to be cleared until Richie absolutely leveled the Buffalo player; it caused chaos and we ended up scoring from that.

Small plays like that are important and it was no where near a cheap shot, the guy was just tired and wanted to get off, and if Neil didn't respond they would have cleared the puck. Whatever though, this game just solidified the amount of respect I have for Giroux and I'm so happy to call him a Flyer

drownedsailors is offline   Reply With Quote