Thread: Proposal: Tor - SJ
View Single Post
Old
01-21-2011, 12:33 AM
seanlinden

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
He is terrible. What's laughable is people like you think he's a #3 defenseman. He's a turnover machine - don't try and tell me otherwise. I can see for myself how terrible Beauchemin is. Even watching highlights, I see him making mistakes that most rookies in this league would not make. He constantly gets caught on odd-man rushes, makes horrid passes up the middle of his own zone, and has constant trouble clearing his own zone.

That pairing itself is an avalanche of defensive mistakes and bad reads. They were running around their zone tonight like chickens with their heads cut off.
Weren't you the troll who criticized Beauchemin for turnovers then praised Kaberle/Schenn in the same sentence?

He gets caught on odd-man rushes, usually being the only man back because Phaneuf went for an adventure. He's forced to try and pass the puck up the middle, because Toronto's forwards are not big enough to win board battles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanalz View Post
What similarities do Beauchemin and Burns share, other than their position? That is a terrible comparison.
Style of play. They are both extremely versatile two-way defencemen who have very few flaws, but aren't really elite in any single department. Burns is obviously better and unavailable.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote