View Single Post
Old
07-06-2005, 01:10 AM
mercury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat
if i were Bobby Clarke and I was trading crosby to the Hawks, i would absolutely make sure that deal included Ruutu (since he is a proven force for the future NHL, and a franchise player. he also fits the "tough" mold of the flyers
But isn't Ruutu another center? I would think that the whole point in trading Crosby would be to plug holes we have with cheap, young, high-end talent. If we are going to be getting another center, I'd rather just keep the kid with generational upside. If we trade, I want another top 10 pick (preferably Ryan), a solid defenseman (which Vandermeer is on his way to being), a d-man prospect (Seabrook looks good), and a top 6 LW (Calder would fit our team like a glove). Also, my proposal included getting rid of John LeClair and his $9 million contract with us owing him nothing. The 3rd was thrown in because we have two of them in this draft, and swallowing LeClair (basically them paying us $9.6 million over 2 years, or whatever the buyout would be after the rollback). I can't see them parting with Ruutu to only move up 1-9 spots in the draft (my deal is predicated on getting another fairly high pick). If Chicago wanted him and had, say, the 25th pick and didn't want to help us out with the salary , I doubt I'd even do it, unless at least one of Barker and Ruutu were involved, along with Calder and another high pick in 2006. Maybe:

To CHI:
1st overall (Sidney Crosby)

To PHI:
25th overall (whoever we fancy at that point)
Tuomo Ruutu
Brent Seabrook
Kyle Calder
2nd or 3rd rounder 2005 or 2006

I wonder what other team would be desperate for him? He is a Montreal fan, and they could use an elite center prospect. I think I'd want Souray, Ryder, a top prospect, and their 1st.