View Single Post
Old
01-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Brodeur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
philly needs better goaltending so does washington maybe new jersy wanting a replacement for marty (got to retire at some point) just 3 off the top of my head
Philly's doing alright with Bobrovsky, although I wonder if he'll continue in the fine Flyers recent goalie tradition of being an afterthought next year. Devils are almost resembling an NHL team again, realistically Quick would be wasted splitting time with Brodeur. And like Kings17 pointed out, who would be send the other way? Don't think Lou's trading Parise (knock on wood), and assuming you would deal Quick right away after claiming Nabokov, Parise's more or less out for the rest of the year with his injury.

The Caps are in a weird situation with three decent young but mostly unproven guys. Realistically, Ottawa and San Jose are teams that would love a young starter with a good contract. Ottawa could also easily claim Nabokov ahead of the Kings as well since Elliott is overworked and Leclaire gets hurt when he sneezes. If San Jose wants to change their goalies, I'd expect them to do that in the offseason.

Quote:
Patrik Elias rfa rumoured not to be happy so tradeable + cap issues
Elias isn't RFA, he's signed for two more years. Wife just had their first child and went through a difficult pregnancy. Since their daughter was born, Elias has been productive with 19 points in 22 games.

Kinda doubt he'd be interested in moving across the country right now. New Jersey has started to stabilize again, so I'm not sure we'll trade off anybody but the pending UFAs.

Last edited by Brodeur: 01-21-2011 at 12:44 PM.